Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Malignaggi won over Cano via Split Decisions



Paul Malignaggi defended his title against Pablo Cesar Cano



Paul "Magic Man" Malignaggi despite being knock down by Pablo Cesar Cano late in the 11th round after Malignaggi was hitted with a hard right to his jaw by Cano. The referee during their fight was Steve Smoger. The bout was favored with Malignaggi via split decisions and defended the WBA Welterweight Champion Belt. The Judges scores:  Glen Feldman 109-118 in favor of Cano, Tom Miller  114-113 in favor of Malignaggi, and Nelson Vasquez 114-113 in favor again with Malignaggi.
The fight was held last October 20, in Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York the hometown of Paul Malignaggi. He said in an interview that...
"I thought I won the fight. I thought I won pretty handily, He was pressing the action but he wasn't laying a lot of shots. I got a little bit lazy. I was controling the action. He came over the top and he got me good. But I felt like I won the fight."
Paul Malignaggi shows interest in fighting the Britain's Boxer Ricky Hatton who will have a schedule fight against Vyacheslav Senchenko, who had lost the WBA Crown against Malignaggi last April.

No comments:

Post a Comment